Foreign investments in China have to abide to a very strict commercial legislation. Chinese companies are set up and managed in accordance with specific rules and regulations. Businessmen interested in opening a company in China are recommended to turn to a professional law firm for legal services. Our lawyers in China provide legal services in Guangzhou and other major cities within the country.
In addition to this, you can also acquire the legal services of our lawyers if you are planning to acquire Chinese citizenship. Our lawyers will guide you throughout the procedure of becoming a Chinese citizen.
Table of Contents
Legal services provided to clients
Foreign companies and Chinese nationals alike can benefit from the professional expertise and experience of our law firm in China. Legal services in Guangzhou can be rendered to individuals and corporations who need solutions to problems involving legal aspects of doing business or residence in China. A wide range of legal services related to company formation in China is offered to foreign investors.
Our team of attorneys keeps the clients informed in terms of commercial legislation and civil matters. Specific legal services provided in Guangzhou include the following:
• company relocation in China;
• arbitration procedures;
• commercial litigation;
• setting up virtual offices;
• purchasing a company in China;
• debt collection.
Other legal services like solving competition disputes, intellectual property, antitrust and international trading law can also be addressed by our attorneys in China.
Civil and financial legal services in Guangzhou
Our solicitors in Guangzhou can assist natural and legal entities in civil matters. There are many situations when the professional help of an attorney is needed in aspects related to marriage, concluding power of attorney, drafting a will, obtaining a birth certificate or a residence permit. Legal services in Guangzhou also include representation in financial matters. Clients may need assistance in purchasing a property in China, signing a rental contract, registering land, managing their wealth or conducting real estate due diligence.
Immigration services in Guangzhou
To get Guangzhou immigration services, you can get in touch with our immigration lawyers. Please note that a Chinese visa is required for regular visits to Guangzhou. Meanwhile, China offers unique visa waiver programs to travelers, allowing them to visit Guangzhou without needing to apply for a visa. The Greater Bay Area of Guangdong, Hong Kong, and Macau, for example, has a 6-day visa-free policy for group travelers. A Chinese transit visa (G Visa) is necessary for international transit if you are not eligible for Guangzhou 24 Hour or 144-hour visa-free transit policy. The transit visa must be applied for and obtained before arrival. However, if you meet all statutory conditions, you may be eligible for a Guangzhou transit visa exemption for 24 or 144 hours.
In addition to this, if you are facing divorce proceedings in China, you can get in touch with our lawyers. Their legal assistance will not only help you in solving divorce case along with the custody of children.
Kinds of visas in Guangzhou
If you are planning for Guangzhou immigration, here is guidance provided for you regarding the types of visas:
- Work visa (Z visa) is for foreigners who need permission to work in China for a company;
- The S visa designates a person who is dependent on others, for a Z visa holder’s spouse and children;
- F or M visas are for people planning exchanges, trips, study tours, and other activities in China;
- Tourist visa (L visa) is for those who want to visit China as tourists.
If you have any questions about Guangzhou immigration, you can get in touch with our lawyers. They can provide you with detailed answers.
How to obtain a Z and S visa in Guangzhou?
lFor Z and S visa applications, there are two primary steps, which include two stages to the arrival process:
In pre-arrival, the Mobility Consultant coordinates and advises transferees and their sponsoring companies on preparing and arranging the necessary papers for the pre-arrival immigration process. Our lawyers in China will submit all paperwork required to the appropriate government agencies once everything is in order. They will send the immigration documents with complete instructions to the transferee’s country of residency once issued. Transferees must follow the instructions of our Chinese lawyers to obtain the necessary entry visa from the local embassy.
Whereas in post-arrival, until the entire immigration process is completed, our lawyers will assist you with the necessary local registration process. Passport copies, updated pictures, and attested paperwork demonstrating the transferee’s qualifications for the position and confirming linkages with the applying dependents are typically requested.
Apply for a Guangzhou transit visa with the help of our Chinese attorneys
For Guangzhou immigration guidance, you can rely on our experienced lawyers. Here is general advice provided for you about applying for a transit visa:
- When boarding, inform the airline that you will be using the 144-hour visa-free transit policy;
- After arriving at Guangzhou airport, proceed to the waiting area and complete an arrival card (blue version);
- Return to the 144-hour visa-free counter with your completed arrival card;
- Get your passport stamped with a temporary entry permit (remember to inform the officer that you will not use the China visa you already have);
- Collect your belongings and pass-through customs and immigration;
- Depart from Guangzhou airport to begin your tour of Guangzhou and other Guangdong cities.
You can interact with our law firm in China for any further legal assistance regarding Guangzhou immigration. Our law firm in Guangzhou will provide you with legal services in the relocation process.
Guangzhou visa on arrival
Foreign travelers should apply for Chinese visas at Chinese embassies, consulates, and accredited diplomatic missions worldwide. However, China (Guangzhou) does provide a port visa service for some particular travelers. Here is general guidance about the individuals who can apply for this type:
- Expedited admission for humanitarian grounds or invited access for an emergency (such as businessor engineering related work etc.);
- An authorized travel operator will organize an inbound tour group (which will need to apply for a Chinese group tourist visa);
- Authorities acknowledge, sponsor, and employ high-level foreign talents (application for China Talent – R Visa);
- Foreigners have a government-issued work permit (applied for a China Work – Z Visa).
If you need any further information regarding Guangzhou immigration, you are welcome to get in touch with our lawyers in China.
Immigration statistics in China (1995-2015)
China’s economic increase attracts people from all over the world because it provides incredible options to flourish one’s business here. This is why this country has not seen any decline in the number of immigrants. Please find below the statistical data for immigrants in China from 1995 to 2015:
- The number of Chinese immigrants in 2015 was 978,046, meaning a 15.08% increase from 2010;
- The total amount reached 849,861 in 2010, increasing by 25.17% from 2005;
- The number of Chinese immigrants in 2005 was 678,947, a 33.64% rise from 2000;
- In 2000, China’s immigration statistics totaled 508,034.00, a 14.89% increase from 1995.
If you need legal representation in any type of lawsuit, if you seek recognition of foreign judgments or you need a lawyer for your company, we kindly invite you to contact our Chinese attorneys.